A. Wright CPA, PLLC is owned by Anne-Marie Wright. Anne-Marie graduated in 2001 from Virginia Commonwealth University with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting. Shortly thereafter, she began her career in Seattle, WA, at a firm that serviced mainly non-profit organizations. Anne-Marie spent the next five years in the tax department, preparing tax returns for non-profits, small businesses and individuals. This is also where she worked when she passed the CPA exam (on the first try!) and obtained her license as a CPA.
In 2006, Anne-Marie returned to the east coast to be closer to family and has resided in Goldsboro, North Carolina ever since. She started working for a firm in Rocky Mount, where she provided tax services to mid-sized businesses and high-worth individuals. While Anne-Marie enjoyed her experience with the firm, she was eager to be closer to Goldsboro and return to non-profit clientele.
From 2008 to 2014 Anne-Marie worked at a local firm in the tax and audit department. Initially, she was assigned non-profit clients, either in tax, accounting and auditing, or both. Her clientele gradually shifted after a few years to again being mostly for-profit businesses and high-worth individuals. After a large firm acquired the company she was with, Anne-Marie began to formulate a plan to start her own business.
Anne-Marie's passion has always been working with non-profits, smaller companies, individuals and entrepreneurs. In July 2014 she established her own firm: A. Wright, CPA. In January 2017, the business became A. Wright CPA, PLLC. This firm specializes in non-profit and small business tax and accounting services, as well as individual income tax.
CREDENTIALS, AFFILIATIONS AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
- Certified Public Accountant, licensed in North Carolina. License #32833
- Certified ProAdvisor for Quickbooks Online
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Leadership Wayne County Program of the Wayne County Chamber of Commerce, 2009-2010
- Board of Regents for Leadership Wayne County Program, 2010-2013
- President, Coastal Plains Chapter of the NCACPA, 2014-2015